The Medela pump is strong but requires very little pressure when pumping because of its two-phase pumping action. One end of the handle is pressed to get the milk flowing (stimulation phase) and another way to collect letdown (expression phase). This mimics the way the breast reacts when your baby is nursing.
What comes in the box: Valve head and membrane, storage bottle, 1 x bottle stand, 1 x multi-lid, Calma feeding device, pump
Benefits and features:
- Breast shields in five PersonalFit sizes are available for use.
- The pump can be washed by hand or in the dishwasher.
- The pump comes with two bottles so you can store directly in the bottles you will use.
- For those who own both the manual and electric breast pumps the parts are all compatible.
- All parts that come are BPA free.
- There’s a stand that holds the pump upright when you need to pause pumping -- to prevent spillage or contamination
Expert tip: Mums needs some relief between those breastfeeding sessions and surprisingly, here is a natural remedy to try at home.