Breast shells are helpful breastfeeding products designed for breastfeeding women who have inverted nipples, sore nipples, or leaky breasts. They are made up of two silicone or plastic parts that are worn over the breasts. You place the round bottom ring over your areola allowing your nipple to stick through a hole in the center.
Breast Shells protect sore or cracked nipples from friction before and after breastfeeding, giving sensitive breast tissue time to heal. A second one for inverted nipples. These nipple formers are a non-invasive way to help women with inverted or flat nipples breastfeed comfortably and successfully.
Features and Benefits
- The soft, flexible, BPA-free silicone membranes feel comfortable on the skin and adapt to the shape of your breast.
- Breast Shells help prevent friction from clothing, reducing discomfort and promoting healing through air circulation.
- Can relieve mild breast engorgement by putting slight, constant pressure on the nipple that lets some of the breast milk drain slowly out of your breasts and into the outer shell
- Prevent embarrassing leaks and protect your clothing from stains.
- Collect the dripping breast milk from one breast while you breastfeed or pump on the other breast
If you’re pregnant, it’s important to talk to your doctor before you use breast shells. Some women with flat or inverted nipples begin wearing breast shells before the birth of their baby.